COWIN Investment Place
COWIN Investment Place
October 10th, 2013 - Brussels, Belgium
(ENIAC JU, Avenue de la Toison d'Or 56-60)
The COWIN Investment place took place on October 10th, at Brussels in Belgium. A serie of webinars were organised before to facilitate interactions.
Read Christophe Blanc interview about the COWIN Investment place here
- Private investors part of COWIN VCs working group: Wellington Partners; Capricorn Venture Partners; Banexi Ventures Partners ; Passion Capital; ASTER Capital; SITRA Venture Capital; Gilde Healthcare Partners; QBIC; Seventure Partners; Partech international; Mérieux Développement ; Kernel Capital; STnewVentures; ARCH Venture Partners; Speed Up Group; EBAN.
- European Commission:
Bernd Reichert – DG Enterprise (Head of
Khalil Rouhana – DG Cnect (Director for Components and Systems)
Viorel Peca – DG Cnect (Head of Unit)
Francisco Javier Bonal Villanova – DG Cnect (Research Programme Officer)
Pierre Marro – DG Cnect (Policy Officer)
- But also leading industrial companies and early stage companies.
- The event was organized as follow:
9.15–9.25 - Welcome by the European Commission
9.25–9.30 - Program of the day by COWIN
9.30–10.40 - Presentation of 5 selected companies
10.40–11.00 - Coffee break
11.00–12.15 - Presentation of 5 selected companies
12.15–15.00 - Networking lunch and one to one meetings
15.00–17.00 - Panel discussion: “Supporting growth of emerging companies in Europe in smart systems and ICT hardware”
- The companies selected to present their projects were :
- Atlas Neuroengineering: Brain mapping towards new neurotherapeutics approaches
- Atten2: Innovative and advanced real-time oil monitoring sensors
- DelfMEMS: RF MEMS to enhance mobile communication
- Excelera: A smart Middleware that boosts transducers data collection
- FrecNSys: Miniaturized high end sensors for harsh environment
- Holografika: Shapping the 3D Industry
- ivD-Platform: Diagnostic test out of the lab
- Multiphoton Optics: Beam shaping solutions for integrated photonics
- Percipio: Smart robotic system for extreme manipulation
- SESMOS: Game changing drug screening platform
- TazTag: Biometric solution for system securization
- Contact Christophe Blanc (email@example.com - +33 680 339 839)
for more information
- Participants' feedbacks:
“The COWIN Investment place 2013 was a great event presenting interesting companies active in ICT hardware. Europe has vast and important research in the physical sciences, but too often the VC community focuses on software, internet and other areas that are perceived to require lower investment levels. Such a focus risks missing some really great and significant opportunities. The organization of the COWIN Investment place is a great step toward counteracting this trend”, said Paul Thurk, Managing Director Europe at Arch Venture.
"Many events dedicated to introduce companies to VCs are organized in Europe, but COWIN brings a key differentiation with a very good selection of companies, very well prepared and with a focused offer and positioning”, commented Marc Lambrechts from Capricorn Venture Partners.
“COWIN excels at providing young companies with access to leading European companies. It is a unique and great opportunity offered to young companies”, said Luis Boada, Sales & Marketing at Excelera.
“Joseph Schumpeter, an Austrian, defined the concept of the innovator-entrepreneur in the ‘50s. Europeans are fascinated by the capacity of Americans to transform ideas into profitable businesses. COWIN is the first EC-launched initiative to demonstrate that this transformation could be possible anywhere as long as we contribute the same technical idea, market applications and investment to make it happen. My dream is COWIN will become a stable best practice process within EUROPE. Like Americans, Europeans also love to dream --this time we just need to keep our eyes opened", stated Jean-Luc Mate, Vice President at Continental Automotive France and President of Euripides, the Eureka cluster for smart systems.
Discover COWIN services dedicated to start‐ups, SMEs & entrepreneurs* here